News and Announcements
While we are thrilled to have a spring season this year, and while overall things continue to improve, we all need to do our part to stay safe and keep others safe. HYBSA’s top priority is the safety of its players and their families. Under the Governor’s COVID-19 executive orders, he has made the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA) the governing authority for all COVID-19 issues related to all amateur sports. Below covers their requirements intertwined with HYBSA’s protocols:
- Players are required to exercise social distancing. No team will congregate on a bench or otherwise. Players should bring chairs allowing them to sit in the general area of the dugout while still staying six feet apart.
- All players, coaches, umpires, spectators and workers must wear a facial covering. This includes when players are on defense and on offense.
- Spectators are allowed, with no limits, for all sports with participants under the age of 21. Spectators must sit at least 25 feet away from any player who is part of the extended dugout or bench. They should sit by family who live within the same household and should be at least six feet away from other families.
- All HYBSA participants are required to abide by state quarantine and testing requirements if they come in close contact with someone positive for Covid-19.
- All HYBSA participants are required to abide by Massachusetts travel requirements. For any families traveling during April break please be mindful of the travel advisory that is still in effect in Massachusetts and to be sure to comply before participating in HYBSA practices or games.
We all share responsibility for adherence to these requirements. As parents, please accept primary responsibility for full compliance. Thank you in advance for partnering with HYBSA as we strive to offer a safe recreational activity for the girls and boys of Holliston during an unusual and challenging time.
I hope everyone is well. HYBSA Spring seasons will begin on or about Monday 4/26 and Jim McGuinness, our umpire coordinator has scheduled a clinic for Sunday 4/18 at 2pm at Flagg Field. For those who can’t make that date, a second option is to attend his clinic is at Dacey Field in Franklin at 2pm on Saturday 4/17. This is a great opportunity for part time work for boys and girls 7th grade and older. All attendees should RSVP by Friday 4/16 via the attached link. The spreadsheet is also an opportunity to transition the line of communication from the parent to the potential umpire.
In order to be considered, you must attend one of these clinics. Existing umpires are expected to attend as a refresher.
As of April 3 but should be read for baseball any day now. Look for an email from your coach
Registration is coming to a close in a matter of days. Don’t miss out. Click on the REGISTRATION tab at the top of this page for more details.
…for the “Early Bird” special
The goal of HYBSA is to provide opportunities for the youth of Holliston to learn and play baseball in a safe atmosphere, build sportsmanship, and have fun. Discounts are available if registered by December 31st, 2018. Click on the REGISTRATION tab at the top of this page for more details.